Oficial tourist season opening suspended
The Winter Castle Awakening
project of the restoration of the castle complex
“The Awakening of the Winter Castle” (Winterberg) is a project of the ideal restoration of the whole compound of the Vimperk Castle.
The preparations for the project had begun with the castle takeover on the 1st of January 2015 and the ideal restoration plan was finished in autumn of the same year.
The restoration plan called “The Awakening of the Winter Castle” (“Probouzení zimního zámku”) includes another project “The Upper Castle Vimperk (Winterberg)”, which was supported by a subsidy of 110 164 811 CZK from the Integrated Regional Operational Programme (IROP).
The project “the Awakening of the Winter Castle” (Winterberg) covers:
- Restoration of the Upper Castle
- Restoration of the gardens and the bridge
- Restoration of the southern wing of the Lower Castle with the renaissance hall (facades included)
- Drainage of the northern part of the Upper Castle
- Restoration of the roofs and roof frames of the Lower Castle
- Restoration of the roof and the roof frame of the Black Gate
- Restoration of the roof and the roof frame of the Chapel of the Four Evangelists
- Lightning conductors renewal
- Creation of a new workroom for the objects conservation
- Restoration of the so-called Ballhouse (Míčovna) used as offices and facilities of the castle administration